XXVIII International Symposium on Lepton Photon Interactions at High Energies
(第28届轻子光子国际会议，Lepton Photon 2017)
The International Symposium on Lepton Photon Interactions at High Energies (Lepton Photon), as designated by the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP), is a conference series held every other year as the premiere conference for high-energy physics and related fields. Physicists from around the world gather at Lepton Photon to discuss the latest advancements in particle physics, nuclear physics, astrophysics, cosmology and plans for future facilities.
The XXVIII International Symposium on Lepton Photon Interactions at High Energies will be held on the South Campus of Sun Yat-Sen University (SYSU), Guangzhou, China from Aug 7 to Aug 12, 2017, co-hosted by SYSU and IHEP (Institute of High Energy Physics). The conference will follow the tradition of Lepton Photon: the program features one plenary session covering topics of major interest to the extended HEP community; in addition, initiated by Lepton Photon 2015, a poster session is also organized for individual researchers, working groups and collaborations to have more opportunities to present their work.
The venue will be on the South Campus of Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou, China. The city Guangzhou, located at the mouth of the Pearl Delta, is a metropolis which has rich history and is also well connected by land, air and water. There are four major international airports nearby: Baiyun International Airport in Guangzhou, Hong Kong International Airport, Baoan International Airport in Shenzhen and Macau International Airport. Baiyun International Airport of Guangzhou has direct flights with many major international cities.
- Public Lecture: “Past, Present and Future of High Energy Physics in China” by Yifang Wang at the K.K. Leung Hall on August 11
- Public Show (Digital Fulldome): “Phantom of the Universe: The Hunt for Dark Matter” in Guangdong Science Center on August 9
International Advisory Committee
- Halina Abramowicz (Tel Aviv Univ., Israel)
- Nima Arkani-Hamed (IAS, U.S.)
- Laura Baudis (Univ. of Zurich, Switzerland)
- William Brooks (UTF-SM, Chile)
- Tiziano Camporesi (CERN, Europe)
- Ariella Cattai (CERN, Europe)
- Dave Charlton (Birmingham, U.K.)
- John Ellis (KCL, U.K.)
- Lyn Evans (CERN, Europe)
- Fernando Ferroni (INFN, Italy)
- Juan Fuster (IFIC, Spain)
- Gian Francesco Giudice (CERN, Europe)
- Fabiola Gianotti (CERN, Europe)
- Francis Halzen (UW-Madison, U.S.)
- Beate Heinemann (DESY and Freiburg University, Germany)
- Takaaki Kajita (ICRR, Japan)
- Soo-Bong Kim (SNU, Korea)
- Young-Kee Kim (FNAL, U.S.)
- Joseph D. Lykken (FNAL, U.S.)
- Bob McKeown (JLab, U.S.)
- Naba K. Mondal (TIFR, India)
- Joachim Mnich (DESY, Germany)
- Michael Peskin (SLAC, U.S.)
- Stefano Ragazzi (Gran Sasso, Italy)
- Nigel Smith (SNO Lab, Canada)
- Yifang Wang (IHEP, China)
- Masanori Yamauchi (KEK, Japan)
Local Organizing Committee(2017)
- Wei Wang (Co-chair, SYSU)
- Zhi-Zhong Xing (IHEP, Beijing)
- Miao He (IHEP)
- Yan-Ping Huang(IHEP)
- Xiaonan Li (IHEP Neutrino Center Kaiping)
- Zhi-Bing Li (SYSU, Guangzhou)
- Jiajie Ling (SYSU, Guangzhou)
- Jian Tang (SYSU, Guangzhou)
- Liangjian Wen (IHEP)
- Fan-Rong Xu (JNU, Guangzhou)
- Zhengyun You (SYSU, Guangzhou)
- Hong-Hao Zhang (SYSU, Guangzhou)
- Shun Zhou (IHEP)
- Xu’ai Zhuang(IHEP)
The deadline for poster submission is extended to May 31.
1. The location of the posters will be in the #1 and #2 Meeting Room on the 3rd Floor of the Kaifeng Hotel.
2. The size of posters: Portrait, 91cm(L) * 61cm(H), i.e. 36”(L) * 24”(H)
3. Poster boards will be ready for posting at 06:30 on August 7.
4. We will prepare the double side tape and shear for posting.
5. All participants are welcome to vote at the conference on their favorite posters.
6. The poster judge committee will choose 12 posters as highlights on the 2nd last day of the conference based on the public poll from 18:30 to 20:00 on August 8.
7. The LOC will send a notification email to the winners of the poster session by 22:00 on August 9.
8. The winners of the selected posters will be invited to give a 5-min’s presentation during a plenary session scheduled on August 11. In the end, six posters will be selected for the final award.
9. PLEASE NOTE: Please print your poster in your home institute and bring it with you to LP2017. Printing the poster is NOT available at the conference site.
Please notice that online payment is NOT available for this conference.
Cash (in RMB only) and credit card are accepted at the conference registration desk in the lobby of the Kaifeng Hotel (conference venue) upon arrival.
We will charge based on your registration date.
Early Registration before Apr. 30, 2017
Regular Participants: RMB 3100 Yuan
Students: RMB 1700 Yuan
After Apr. 30, 2017
Regular Participants: RMB 3800 Yuan
Students: RMB 2400 Yuan
13:00~22:00 Lobby of the Kaifeng Hotel
August 7, 8, 10, 11
07:30~18:00 Registration deck of LP2017 (second floor of the Kaifeng Hotel)
07:30~11:00 Registration deck of LP2017 (second floor of the Kaifeng Hotel)
Visa and invitation letter
Most non-Chinese citizens will need a visa to come to China for the conference. The types of visas suitable for the participation of the conference are either "L" or "F". Here is a reference website explaining different types of visas, http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/visas/hrsq/.
To apply for a Chinese visa, please check the website above or the homepage of your nearest Chinese consulate for required documents. You will need an invitation letter from us.
To get a proper invitation letter, please fill the Word file and return it to us (email@example.com), . We will then prepare an invitation letter for you to support your visa application.
Program and invited speakers
The preliminary program of the LP2017 is updated on our conference website, please visit: http://indico.ihep.ac.cn/event/6183/timetable/#20170807
The names of the invited speakers are also updated on the website, please visit:http://lp2017.sysu.edu.cn/
The Invited Speakers at LP2017
Updated on July 20
Past Lepton Photon Series
Previous International Symposia on Lepton Photon Interactions at High Energies:
- LP2015, Ljubljana, Slovenia, see http://lp2015.ijs.si
- LP2013, San Francisco, CA, USA, see http://www-conf.slac.stanford.edu/lp13/default.asp
- LP2011, Mumbai, India, see http://www.tifr.res.in/~lp11/
- LP2009, Hamburg, Germany, see http://lp09.desy.de/
- LP2007, Daegu, Korea, see http://chep.knu.ac.kr/LP07/
|International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP)|
|Sun Yat-sen University (SYSU)|
|Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)|
|Institute of High Energy Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences (IHEP, CAS)|
|Theoretical Physics Center for Science Facilities, Chinese Academy of Sciences (TPCSF, CAS)|
Wei Wang (Physics Professor of SYSU)
Mobile： +86 186-2079-0703
Yu Chen (Logistical Affairs of LP2017)
Jiaqi Li (Logistical Affairs of LP2017)
Mobile：+86 143 3031-2920