XXVIII International Symposium on Lepton Photon Interactions at High Energies
(第28届轻子光子国际会议，Lepton Photon 2017)
The International Symposium on Lepton Photon Interactions at High Energies (Lepton Photon), as designated by the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP), is a conference series held every other year as the premiere conference for high-energy physics and related fields. Physicists from around the world gather at Lepton Photon to discuss the latest advancements in particle physics, nuclear physics, astrophysics, cosmology and plans for future facilities.
The XXVIII International Symposium on Lepton Photon Interactions at High Energies will be held on the South Campus of Sun Yat-Sen University (SYSU), Guangzhou, China from Aug 7 to Aug 12, 2017, co-hosted by SYSU and IHEP (Institute of High Energy Physics). The conference will follow the tradition of Lepton Photon: the program features one plenary session covering topics of major interest to the extended HEP community; in addition, initiated by Lepton Photon 2015, a poster session is also organized for individual researchers, working groups and collaborations to have more opportunities to present their work.
The venue will be on the South Campus of Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou, China. The city Guangzhou, located at the mouth of the Pearl Delta, is a metropolis which has rich history and is also well connected by land, air and water. There are four major international airports nearby: Baiyun International Airport in Guangzhou, Hong Kong International Airport, Baoan International Airport in Shenzhen and Macau International Airport. Baiyun International Airport of Guangzhou has direct flights with many major international cities.
- Tentative Public Lecture: “High Energy Physics in China” by Yifang Wang
International Advisory Committee
- Halina Abramowicz (Tel Aviv Univ., Israel)
- Nima Arkani-Hamed (IAS, U.S.)
- Laura Baudis (Univ. of Zurich, Switzerland)
- William Brooks (UTF-SM, Chile)
- Tiziano Camporesi (CERN, Europe)
- Ariella Cattai (CERN, Europe)
- Dave Charlton (Birmingham, U.K.)
- John Ellis (KCL, U.K.)
- Lyn Evans (CERN, Europe)
- Fernando Ferroni (INFN, Italy)
- Juan Fuster (IFIC, Spain)
- Gian Francesco Giudice (CERN, Europe)
- Fabiola Gianotti (CERN, Europe)
- Francis Halzen (UW-Madison, U.S.)
- Beatte Heinemann (Berkeley, U.S.)
- Takaaki Kajita (ICRR, Japan)
- Soo-Bong Kim (SNU, Korea)
- Young-Kee Kim (FNAL, U.S.)
- Joseph D. Lykken (FNAL, U.S.)
- Bob McKeown (JLab, U.S.)
- Naba K. Mondal (TIFR, India)
- Joachim Mnich (DESY, Germany)
- Michael Peskin (SLAC, U.S.)
- Stefano Ragazzi (Gran Sasso, Italy)
- Nigel Smith (SNO Lab, Canada)
- Yifang Wang (IHEP, China)
- Masanori Yamauchi (KEK, Japan)
Local Organizing Committee(2017)
- Wei Wang (Co-chair, SYSU)
- Zhi-Zhong Xing (IHEP, Beijing)
- Miao He (IHEP)
- Yan-Ping Huang(IHEP)
- Xiaonan Li (IHEP Neutrino Center Kaiping)
- Zhi-Bing Li (SYSU, Guangzhou)
- Jiajie Ling (SYSU, Guangzhou)
- Jian Tang (SYSU, Guangzhou)
- Liangjian Wen (IHEP, Guangzhou)
- Fan-Rong Xu (JNU, Guangzhou)
- Zhengyun You (SYSU, Guangzhou)
- Hong-Hao Zhang (SYSU, Guangzhou)
- Shun Zhou (IHEP, Guangzhou)
- Xu’ai Zhuang(IHEP)
To encourage participation, a poster session is also added to LP2017 and it is on during the whole conference. The deadline for poster submission is extended to May 21.
All participants are welcome to vote at the conference on their favorite posters. We will choose 12 posters as highlights on the 2nd last day of the conference. These posters will be given 5' to present during a plenary session. In the end, we will select 6 posters to give certain prizes/certificates.
Please notice that online payment is NOT available for this conference.
Cash and credit card are accepted at the conference registration table when you come.
We will charge based on your registration date.
Visa and invitation letter
Most non-Chinese citizens will need a visa to come to China for the conference. The types of visas suitable for the participation of the conference are either "L" or "F". Here is a reference website explaining different types of visas, http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/visas/hrsq/.
To apply for a Chinese visa, please check the website above or the homepage of your nearest Chinese consulate for required documents. You will need an invitation letter from us.
To get a proper invitation letter, please fill the Word file and return it to us (firstname.lastname@example.org), . We will then prepare an invitation letter for you to support your visa application.
Program and invited speakers
The preliminary program of the LP2017 is updated on our conference website, please visit: http://indico.ihep.ac.cn/event/6183/timetable/#20170807
The names of the invited speakers are also updated on the website, please visit:http://lp2017.sysu.edu.cn/
The invited speakers at LP2017
Updated on May 11, 2017
|Name of Speaker||Institute of Speaker|
|Robert McPherson||University of Victoria, CERN|
|Martin Hendry||University of Glasgow|
|Oliver Buchmueller||Imperial College London, CERN|
|Sekhar Chivukula||MSU (Michigan State University)|
|Macros Dracos||Université de Strasbourg|
|Jennifer Thomas||University College London|
|Karsten Heeger||Yale University|
|GAO Yuanning||Tsinghua University|
|Alessandro Baldini||INFN (Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare)|
|Thomas Schwetz||Karlsruhe Institute for Technology|
|Gioacchino Ranucci||INFN (Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare)|
|Bernhard Schwingenheuer||Max-Planck-Institut f. Kernphysik|
|Tomonori Ugajin||KITP, UC|
|Roberto Mussa||INFN (Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare)|
|Pushpalatha C Bhat||ICFA|
|Xinchou Lou||IHEP, Chinese Academy of Sciences|
Past Lepton Photon Series
Previous International Symposia on Lepton Photon Interactions at High Energies:
- LP2015, Ljubljana, Slovenia, see http://lp2015.ijs.si
- LP2013, San Francisco, CA, USA, see http://www-conf.slac.stanford.edu/lp13/default.asp
- LP2011, Mumbai, India, see http://www.tifr.res.in/~lp11/
- LP2009, Hamburg, Germany, see http://lp09.desy.de/
- LP2007, Daegu, Korea, see http://chep.knu.ac.kr/LP07/